WoTCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, family structure, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that are meant to demean, disparage, or intentionally offend, especially those related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, or religion;
- Purposeful refusal to acknowledge gender identity, exclusion from gendered spaces corresponding to one’s gender identity, comments suggesting gender nonconforming people are ill, purposeful portrayal of gender identity as a choice, and purposeful enforcement of cisnormativity;
- Sexual images in public spaces;
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- Harassing photography or recording [this does not include general photography or recording in public spaces];
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- Inappropriate physical contact;
- Unwelcome sexual attention; and
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If participants engage in harassing behavior, the event organizers retain the right to take appropriate actions to maintain the peaceful and welcoming environment of the convention for all participants, in person and online. This includes warning the offender and/or expulsion from the conference without refund, before, during, and/or after the conference, both in person and online. Violators of this policy may be permanently banned from WoTCon at the discretion of WoTCon staff.
Event organizers retain the right to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or creating a hostile environment for any participants. We expect all participants to adhere to these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
If you are being subjected to, or observe, any behavior that makes you, or appears to be making another, feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to conference staff. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want everyone to be happy and enjoy the conference. You may make reports personally or anonymously.
You may make an anonymous report here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeaCnsnxv30TQrk7LW-W4vhTlZVnNk5Z83DVdnheCbfujLSuA/viewform?usp=sf_link. We will not be able to follow up with you on an anonymous report, however the report will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken if it is deemed necessary.
You may make a personal report by:
- Filling out and submitting this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpIoiRdjoIxwWQexFDGbvoy1POBG3r6gmIrbQowtfiezF8pA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Physically contacting WoTCon Staff
When receiving a personal report, our staff will ensure that you are in a safe environment where the conversation cannot be overheard. Other event staff may be involved to ensure that your report is handled properly. The convention staff are committed to handling each report with the respect and dignity it deserves, and you are welcome to bring someone with you for support. You will NEVER be asked to confront anyone, and we will NEVER divulge who you are within the bounds of legal requirements.
Should the need arise, our staff members are happy to assist you in contacting hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, and/or local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe during the duration of the event. Your attendance and support is valued!
- Convention Staff/Organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dublin, OH Police Department [Non-Emergency] 1-614-889-1112
- Northwest Fire & EMS [Non-Emergency] 1-614-766-1112
- OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital 1-614-544-8000
- Urgent Care Dublin [Clinic] 1-614-923-0300
- Enhanced Urgent Care [Clinic] 1-614-226-4421
- OhioHealth SARNCO [Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio] 1-614-267-7020
- RAINN US National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- US Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- Saini Airport Transportation & Taxi Service 1-614-588-7767
Sensitive Material Exemption
Discussion or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language, or similar is permitted if it meets all of the following criteria: (a) the organizers have specifically granted permission in writing, (b) it is necessary to the topic of discussion and no alternative exists, (c) it is presented in a respectful manner, and (d) attendees are warned in advance in the program and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave/disengage beforehand. This exception specifically does not allow use of gratuitous sexual images as attention-getting devices or unnecessary examples.